Whether the new dad in your life is into practical or funny, my Christmas gift guide for new dads will give you lots of options to choose from for whatever his interests and needs.
Does anyone else have trouble finding the perfect gift for the men in your life? Even if you know a man really well, finding the exact doodad in the exact model they would want can be super tricky. This Christmas gift guide for new dads will give you lots of options, covering the practical to a bit luxe to humorous.
A Bit Luxe
- A Bonsai Tree. I don’t know what it is about these little trees, but they seem to be something novel that a lot of men like having on their desk or bedside table. I found this neat bonsai starter kit that I think would be a great gift for any man that has a desk job and needs to bring a little of the outdoors in.
- Luxe Beard Tools. If the new dad in your life has a beard, you have probably seen them use a beard oil or cream of some sort. My husband loves the way they hydrate his face and help his beard to sit well. This kit has all the products but also quite a few cool brushes and tools to try.
- Some Slippers or Slip on Shoes. In the early days of caring for a newborn, dads will probably want to be in some comfy clothes. A good pair of slippers will help keep their feet warm. Even better, this pair of slip on shoes can be worn when they have to run an errand, too.
- A Warm and Comfortable Button Up. This would go well with the slip on shoes. These flannel button ups are stylish and come in many colours and designs.
- Slim Wallet. Having a wallet that fits in his pocket comfortably is a must-have for a new dad on the go. This wallet comes in quite a few colours and has anti-theft technology to protect against data theft.
- A Grip Socket Tool. My father in law bought my husband one of these a few years ago. It has really come in handy!
- Docking Station. In the same way that a new mama has a nursing station, a new dad may appreciate a place to put all their things. This docking station has a place for his watch, glasses, phone, and a catch all for keys, wallets, coins, etc.
- A Beard Bib. This might be a smart addition to the beard tools mentioned above. This neat bib suctions to a mirror to keep all the clippings from his beard in one spot for easy clean up. No more wiping bits of hair up from the sink, counter, and floor!
- Jerky. Full of protein and flavour, you can almost never go wrong with some kind of jerky. This jerky gift box has 36 pieces of jerky!
- A Snack Bar. Whether he likes sweet or salty, this gift set has anything he’d be craving (and enough to share if he’s so inclined).
- Gourmet Hot Sauce. This is something I buy for my man every year at Christmas time. He enjoys trying all the different flavours.
- Gourmet Popcorn. My family used to get these every Christmas. These are already popped and ready for when he’s watching movies or football (or whatever he’s into). Great for at-home date nights!
- Matching t-shirt/onesie. Don’t let the mamas have all the fun with matching pjs. This matching set is just one of the many ideas you could use for the new dad.
- New Parent Decision Coin. This funny little coin will help new parents figure out whose turn it is to change the baby’s diaper/nappy.
- Willow Tree Figurines. There are so many heart warming figurines to bookmark this season of family. This one would be a wonderful Christmas gift for a new dad.
- Tile Mate. This tile mate would be a great gift for a new dad who may have trouble finding his keys or phone.